I had never been to Portugal and i completly fall in love with the city, the people, the weather... everything was simply perfect!
The first days we visited the old town.
The city seems to be very old, with abandoned houses everywhere, but maybe that is what makes it so special.
What I liked the most was walking beside the Douro River, which crosses Portugal. The name means Golden River, and I think that is because when the sun brights, the river seems to be made of gold.
One of the most characteristic monument is the Dom Luís Bridge, a metal bridge that spans the Douro. The arch measures 44 m, so if you are afraid of heights, i don't recommend you visiting it.
Also, one day we went to the beach, it was a windy day but I found it very beautiful.
Do you like the Harry Potter saga? Then you should know that some sets are inspired in this city, for example, the library Lelho.
If you like travelling, I completly recommend you this city. I would come back every year and I'm sure i would never get tired!
Bibliography: wikipedia
Visit PortugalOfficial Harry Potter Web
360 Portugal




No comments:
Post a Comment